Computer Vision Syndrome in English
The use of smartphones and computers is increasing in our lives. On the one side, people who work in the office have to sit in front of hours of a computer screen, while on the other hand students have to get help from the Internet in education.
In their free time, from the children to the old, all the people have started using smartphones or laptops for entertainment. But due to the focus on the screen for a long time, there is a lot of pressure on our eyes. This problem is now taking the form of computer vision syndrome, which is itself a group of eye problems. Let’s know what is Computer Vision Syndrome and how to protect your eyes.
What is Computer Vision Syndrome and How Does It Come?
First, you know what happens to Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS). Computer Vision syndrome, also known as Digital Eye Strain, is a result of long-term use of a computer, tablet, e-reader, and smartphone, as a result of an eye and sight-related problems.
This is not a specific problem, but it is a group of many problems related to eye strain and pain. Research shows that at present, this problem is happening to 50-90 percent of people working on a computer screen. People who work on computers for three hours or more are more at risk.
This problem is not confined to those employed, but small children are also getting into it. This problem increases when computers or smartphones are used in low light spaces. People are increasingly using digital screens because of which this problem is getting more dangerous.
Symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome
- Commonly associated with Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) or Digital Eye Strain are these:
- Tension in the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Dryness of eyes
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Difficulty changing the focus between farther and near
- Burning eyes and eye fatigue in the eyes
- The inconvenience of contact lens
Factors of Computer Vision Syndrome
Among the main reasons for being computer vision syndrome are the following:
- Difficulty in eye coordination in working closely
- Do not sit at the right distance in front of the computer screen
- Tension on the muscles of the eye due to work style
- Do not fall asleep with the eyelids and do not get corrected with tears
- Glare effect from the screen
- Excessive stress
- Do not have enough use of vitamin A and other nutritious diets to work on the screen in a light spot
- The effector effect of the digital eye strain will depend on how much time it will cost to see the digital screen. The longer this time, the more the problem will be.
Problems and symptoms of digital Eye Strain are only temporary in most cases and they are automatically eliminated after the use of computer work or digital device. But some people may experience this problem even after closing the use of the digital screen, and they can remain visible or have problems like a headache. In such a situation, they should seek advice from the doctor immediately.
How to cure and protect computer vision syndrome
The first way of defending the digital eye strain is to identify the conditions and causes that are causing the problem of computer vision syndrome. The situation can be avoided as soon as the situation is detected, the problem with the digital ii strain can easily be avoided. Delay in identifying this problem means that its symptoms will get deeper and there will be more problems in the treatment.
For the solution and prevention of this problem, note the following:
- Use anti-glare glasses on computer screens
- Keep the computer screen at the level of the eyes by 15-20 degrees
- Do not see more on the digital screen for entertainment
- Work in the right position
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule; 20 feet away every 20 minutes to see something at least 20 seconds
- To break
- Relieve your eyes for at least 15 minutes after watching it for two hours continuously on the screen.
- Try to blink eyes again and again. Your eye’s surface remains moist by blinking out
- Keep the computer screen face 20-25 inches away. This is considered to be the most reasonable distance.
- Regular checking of eyes and adopting the right habits of viewing on the screen can be relieved of this problem.
- If the blurred vision starts to feel and there is a burning sensation in the eyes, then consult a doctor.